Total Pageviews

Monday, February 15, 2010

Great friends, good food and time to sew..priceless!







Well, I have had the most splendid weekend with my small quilt group. We meet every month usually, but once a year we have a long weekend retreat. We all bring projects to work on, shop at local quilt shops, eat. sleep..a little and sew, sew and sew. This year we finished more projects than usual. Several baby quilts were completed..including quilted and bound..really finished!! I managed to get the project I brought very close to completed, but found I left one very important part behind and had to shift to another project. Fortunately I did pack more than one!We had so much fun, we laughed, played, teased, cheered and praised. I would not trade time with these ladies for anything. Time together always renews and I'm  better for having known them.
Now life returns to its usual pace and struggles and frustrations but I for one, know that I can handle it all just a little better, now.
And can you believe the orange beauty pictured above..what a stunner...it was inspired by another that was made to raffle for MS and we all LOVED it so much, we all now desire to make one!!! 
 I wish my picture taking was better, I would like to blame the camera but I'm sure it is me...just keep in mind that these quilts are better in "person".
Thanks to  the "Chicks" for a great time. Cluck Cluck..you know who you are :).
Till next time...find something to be thankful for and OH Yeah...
Happy Valentines Day!   Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time and got a lot done - sewing with friends is the best!

    ReplyDelete