Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Dreaming of Sunny Provence

In 2004 I had an opportunity to spend a few weeks in Le Mole, France with my daughter and grand kids. It is in the south of France near the Mediterranean. I have fond memories of the small village and the house we stayed in. It was magical and I longed to make a wall hanging as a reminder of this wonderful adventure.
In 2008 April Cornell designed a line called "Portugal". I knew these were the fabrics that would be a perfect interpretation of my memories. I thought the colors were perfect and I found the perfect "house" in the Fig Tree Quilts "Houses" book. It was all coming together. I began piecing the 6 inch sawtooth stars for the borders at a retreat the next year. I needed 40!! I began the house center and then all progress stopped and everything was put away in a box not to be worked on until my retreat two weeks ago. Determined to make some head way, I pieced more stars and worked some more on the applique center. I found that my house did not look right..it had shifted and was crooked!!! ARRGG. Ok, rip out the stitches and re-pin. Now it is ready to be appliqued again!
Such a long story!!!
Anyway, Today I finished piecing the remainder of the stars that will surround my lovely house center. Yippeee! Now I need to finish the applique center and I will be ready to sew on the borders.

Still need to add the trees and bushes and a path from the front door!


40 stars
 Eventhough the quilt isn't quite finished yet, I thought I would show you what I have accomplished so far. My hope is that this will keep me motivated to finish this quilt.
I think tonight would be a good time to sit and applique.
Have a good week and happy sewing :)
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment