Total Pageviews

Monday, September 13, 2010

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!

Hi Friends,
I have finished piecing Tangerine and Marmalade aka Summer Nine-patch Challenge. The name was inspired by the Beatles song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, "tangerine trees and marmalade skies". I have always loved the lyrics of the song and have long been wanting to make a quilt inspired by them. I feel that there may be more designs to come. I was unable to get the whole quilt in the picture. It is much bigger than I anticipated.
I will have to keep the quilting on this simple because it is so busy. I chose a white tone on tone for the border but it is hard to see in my pics. I really need a new camera! The zoom feature is no longer working it just shuts the camera off!
I also finished piecing and embroidering Block one of Down in the Garden. Isn't it sweet! I have block 2 half done and I know that I'm really going to LOVE this quilt.
My "un-quilted" quilts are beginning to stack up, I need to devote some time to actually quilting some of them and I plan on having a few machine quilted by my favorite long-arm quilter. I will share them  with you as they are completed.
Well, I'm off to my studio to start preparing to "quilt".
Hope you all have a good week.

4 comments:

  1. looking good Kay....love the name with all that orange. Thanks for the link... see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Kay! Love the oranges and the Down in the Garden quilt is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, WOW! I never envisioned orange sashing, but what a stunning result. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quilt and a great name! Down in the Garden if very sweet too.

    ReplyDelete