Total Pageviews

Friday, January 14, 2011

Sew-Day

Today was a good day. My friend Pam and I had a Sew-Day today. We get together once a month, or when we can, and talk and sew and eat and just have so much fun together.
I have been wanting to play with an idea that Jacquie over at Tallgrassprairiestudio posted quite a while ago.
Wonky Log Cabin has been spinning around in my head and I managed to sew some blocks today and what fun they are to make. I do have to remember not to try too hard to "match" the strips. I really like the spontaneous look but that doesn't come easy for me!!! I'm determined to not try to hard. Just let it happen.
I'm hoping to sew more blocks this weekend. Can't wait to see what combinations I can create next!
Oh, and thanks again, Pam. Your a great friend and sew buddy, and I'm a lucky girl.    Kay

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had quite a productive sewing day with your friend Pam!
    I've always been intrique'd with alternate style log cabin blocks. These look fun & whimsical.
    Looking forward to seeing the finished top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like them a lot and I really like your fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete